Edge grill grate fits Weber charcoal grill size 57 cm and is made of 5 mm thick carbon steel. In the center of the grill grate there is space to make Smashburger.
1,389 kr inc VAT
Only 3 left in stock
Edge grill grate 57 cm fits a Weber charcoal grill and is made of 5 mm thick carbon steel. In the center of the grill grate there is space for a Smash burger. This unique grill grate is incredibly decorative as the fire sparks and spreads through its graphic pattern. This grill grate adds the little extra once throwing a barbecue party.
Video shows how to make Smashburgers & prepare grill grates for grilling
The first time you use your grill grate carbon steel on a charcoal grill, follow the below steps:
If the above procedure seems too burdensome, you can also heat your oiled grill grate in a preheated oven to 200 degrees Celsius for half an hour. This will save a lot of time and coal!
When you have removed the food after, for example, grilling a smash burger, close the lid and let the heat from the grill burn off all leftover food and oil for about 10 minutes. Open the lid of the grill and brush or scrape the grill grate to remove excess food residue with a spatula. Brush the clean grill grates with a layer of vegetable oil with a basting brush or paper towel between the laser cut surfaces. Let the coals burn and keep the valves on the grill open. Close the lid and let the grill heat for about 30 minutes while the oil sinks in. Close the valves after 30 minutes and allow the charcoal and grill to cool completely to complete the oiling process.
This grill grate will definitely add the little extra once throwing a barbecue party.
To get that really good Smashburger on your grill, we have collected tips below. These are taken from some of the most knowledgeable in the field. The most detailed how-to video we found here. In this video, Mikael Karlsson, who took home the 2021 Hamburger Championship, shows how to make a really good version.
Potato Bun is a bun that contains potatoes and is widely used for Smashburgers in the United States. Hamburger bread has become popular as you get a texture that holds the burger together better than regular bread you buy in a store. This bread therefore holds liquid better, is excellent for grilling on your grill and provides a nice chew resistance to your Smashburger.
We have translated this recipe for Potato Buns from American to European adapted measurements. Mikael Karlsson also uses Potato Buns for his hamburgers. Tip here is that the dough itself should be really doughy and use brown sugar to get a better fermentation. You get the best version if you grill on your grill.
7 dl wheat flour
2.5 dl warm milk
3 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1.25 dl mashed potatoes
1 packet of yeast
4 tablespoons of melted butter for the dough
2 tablespoons melted butter for brushing the bread.
You can place them on your grill grate once ready
1. Mix yeast with your finger warm milk
2. Add all other ingredients to your KitchenAid and mix for about 5 min
3. Spray a bowl with grease. This is to prevent the dough from sticking and to make it easier to remove when it has finished rising
4. Rinse your hands without drying them. Pour the sticky bread mixture into the oiled bowl. This makes it easier to move the sticky dough to the bowl.
5. Let the dough rise for one hour in a bowl covered with plastic. The dough ferments best at 27 degrees. Turn on the oven for 2-3 minutes and turn it off if your room temperature is below 27 degrees. There you can set the dough for fermentation.
6. Put a thin layer of flour on a baking sheet and make 6 round balls of the dough. Feel free to weigh the dough to create exactly the same size for your burgers. You’ll see how to fold really nice round buns 7 minuter into this video.
7. Then let the bread rise for another 45 minutes under a kitchen towel on a baking sheet with baking paper
8. Put the bread in the oven at 175 degrees for 25-30 min
9. Move the loaves from the tray to another surface, such as your grill grate, to cool and then brush them with butter.
Time to light the coals on your weber charcoal grill and place your grill grate.
1.5 dl mayonnaise
1 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp American yellow mustard
2 tbsp chopped pickled cucumber with dill
1 tablespoon spa from the pickled cucumber
Season with chili powder.
Dressing is easy and best to make yourself. You just mix the ingredients together.
Regarding meat, you should use meat for the burger from the front part of the cow where there is more fat. A good hamburger should contain about 20% fat or more. A good tip is to add GHEE, which is pure butter without milk protein that consists of 100% animal fat. This fat has a higher melting point, which is good when the burger is to be fried at a high temperature, 250 to 280 degrees. Perfect for using a weber charcoal grill with our grill grate for this. GHEE is also available for purchase in several places online.