Grill grate in carbon steel that fits Weber ball grill 57 cm
Edge grill grate 57 cm fits a Weber charcoal grill and is made of 5 mm thick carbon steel. In the center of the grill grate there is space for a Smash burger. This unique grill grate is incredibly decorative as the fire sparks and spreads through its graphic pattern. This grill grate adds the little extra once throwing a barbecue party.
Prepare your grill grate 57 cm for the first barbecue
The first time you use your grill grate carbon steel on a charcoal grill, follow the below steps:
- Wash the grill grate in warm water with a little mild dishsoap or natural cast iron cleaner. Dry thoroughly and place your grill grate on your grill.
- Brush the clean grid with a thin layer of vegetable oil. You can use a brush or kitchen paper for this.
- Pour an even layer of charcoal on the bottom of the grill. Use enough charcoal to burn for about three hours. Open the valves completely, light the charcoal and let the charcoal burn until the charcoal has a red center and a gray ash coating.
- Place the grill grate on the grill and close the lid for about 30 minutes. Then pour in a little more oil every 30 minutes for about 2 hours.
- Close the valves after two hours and allow the charcoal and grill to cool completely to complete the seasoning process.
If the above procedure seems too burdensome, you can also heat your oiled grill grate in a preheated oven to 200 degrees celsius for half an hour. This will save a lot of time and coal!
Maintain your grill grate which fits the Weber charcoal grill
When you have removed the food after, for example, grilling a smash burger, close the lid and let the heat from the grill burn off all leftover food and oil for about 10 minutes. Open the lid of the grill and brush or scrape the grill grate to remove excess food residue with a spatula. Brush the clean grill grates with a layer of vegetable oil with a basting brush or paper towel between the laser cut surfaces. Let the coals burn and keep the valves on the grill open. Close the lid and let the grill heat for about 30 minutes while the oil sinks in. Close the valves after 30 minutes and allow the charcoal and grill to cool completely to complete the oiling process.
This grill grate will definately add the little extra once throwing a barbecue party.